How Would You Like to Register Your Company?

The following are the different types of available registration:

  • Sole Proprietorship (Trade Name / Business Name):
    • One owner / operator – the owner is directly responsible and personally liable for the debts and obligations of the business
      • Form:
  • Partnership:
    • Two or more owners / operators – the partners share in the profits and are personally liable for all the debts and obligations of the business
      • Form:
  • Incorporation / Corporations:
    • Corporations are independent legal entities; therefore, ownership of the company is distributed through possession of shares. A person’s responsibilities in a corporation determine their level of liability for the debts or actions of the corporation
      • Form:
    • Please refer to for more in-depth information.
    • Numbered Incorporation (ex: 123456 Alberta Ltd.)
      • Can be incorporated the same day and no NUANS is required
    • Name Incorporation
      • A NUANS report is required, which normally takes 1-2 business days to approve. Once the name search is approved, it can then be incorporated. Please be ready to provide 2-3 additional names in priority to be searched in case the most desired name is unavailable. Please email us for further information.

After Registering Your Company:

Opening a Bank Account:

Most financial institutions will require a Certificate of Registration for trade names / partnerships, or a Certificate of Incorporation for incorporated names before opening a business bank account in the proposed name. These certificates are issued once the business registration is completed on the same day.

City of Calgary Business Licensing:

A business license signifies to the public and other businesses that your company has met the City of Calgary’s licensing requirements and is permitted to operate within Calgary. Additional information is available through the City of Calgary’s Licensing Office at (403) 268-5521

Getting a GST Number

A GST Number can be obtained by contacting Revenue Canada at 1-800-959-5525. Information and applications can also be found on their Website: http://www/

Annual Returns

Annual returns need to be filed on a yearly basis to verify your incorporation is currently still active. When you file your annual returns, you can also update the address of your corporation and make any changes to the directors / shareholders on file.


Contact Us

Please fill out this form for more information.